Thursday, July 10, 2008

This is the pond on our property. It's a nice lil spring fed pond. I love to canoe across it in the morning when the butteryflies and dragonyflies are flirting and fighting each other... it's like a realm of fairies... and the fish are fun to watch too. There is a "big one" but nobody yet believes me as it swims away really fast in fishy paranoia. Occasionally in the early morning there is a giant blue heron who is not social and will fly away just as you approach... and at night the racoon come to fish here... they are huge too. Like 3 - 4 times prince willy's size. There's a large wooden raft too which is a great place to hang out on the pond and do Qigong. I've been doing Qigong on the raft but also in the canoe. I stand up in it and use its rocking-type nature to increase the Qi movements... I have the sense I am not the first person to do "Canoe Qigong."

1 comment:

MamaNanc said...

This reminds me a little of the bayous I saw in the deep south. They were scary to me cause alligators lurked just beneath the surface. Seen any of those there?