Monday, July 21, 2008

Animal Update

Well the skunks were out last night... Bean (a doggy here at home) likes to fight with them for food at night and commonly gets skunked so I knew they were out there but last night I saw them. They hang out in herds. Lots of them. And they are either dumb or arrogant (typically arrogance is befriended by dumb) as they would rather hiss and spray you rather than hide. I rode my bike up the drive way toward the road and there they were... all over... at least three really big ones too... So when I rode back down I made sure to make lots fo noises to scare them away, but they decided to just be skunky instead. Later, as I drove back on the propery there were little baby skunks and were being chased onto the property from my car... not my intetion of course. Anyhow... they kinda scare me... little devils they are.

I also came across a large racoon in the grove during the day time on friday. I thought it was one of the cats then realized it was a monster racoon... we kinda checked each other out and then it went -zip-

...and... the big fish died. A bird went for it and got it but couldn't fly away with it... so it was left dead in the pond. Now everyone believes me that there was indeed a big one. I got apologies all around, and simply thought it was too bad nobody was interested in the big fish when it was alive and full of good ju ju beans. Anyhow, the lesson was missed on most as of yet. Hopefully somebody soon will start to pay attention to the life, as opposed to the death, of the pond.

No comments: